We're looking for an enthusiastic, organised and passionate climber to join our desk staff team and work as an instructor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wishes to work as part of the friendly team we have at our climbing centre.
Reporting to the Centre Manager and Assistant Manager the successful candidate will be a motivated individual who can work independently and be responsible for the smooth running of a busy climbing centre. The role will require the ability to problem solve, deal with customer queries, bookings and high levels of cash handling. As desk staff you will be the face of the centre dealing with customers as they arrive and answering any questions they have.
Your role will involve answering emails and calls, taking bookings, cleaning the centre, instructing both juniors and adults (principally during inductions) and you will also be required to open and close the centre. The majority of the work is during the evenings and weekends, so being available for work during these busy periods is crucial.
- Be responsible for opening up and closing down the centre.
- Making sure bookings are correct and instructing groups.
- Being at the forefront of delivering internal communications
- Meeting a variety of daily jobs and tasks including regular cleaning and maintenance
Essential to your success in the role will be the ability to demonstrate:
- Good time management.
- Competency with Word, Excel and Google Drive.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to inspire others.
- High level of initiative.
- Customer service skills to the highest standard – this requires impeccable manners and the ability to remain calm under pressure
If you feel you have the relevant skills and qualities we are really keen to hear more about you. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a busy and popular climbing centre. In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a well-paid role and an excellent benefits package that includes staff discount on climbing products and free climbing at most London climbing centres.
Key details and how to apply
- 30-40 hours a week
- Located in Parsons Green, London
- Mostly evening and weekend work
- Application deadline - 05/05/17
- Start date - approx. 12/05/17
Apply with your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to Dan - firstname.lastname@example.org or Arran - email@example.com
or by post to: The Climbing Hangar, Unit 5, Parsons Green Depot, 33-35 Parsons Green Lane, London, SW6 4HH